Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release ordering

markkerollos January 15, 2018

We've recently started using Portfolio and are having a couple of issues around release structuring.

1. The order in which releases appears in both the Releases tab and the Report for Releases seems to be the wrong order. When I click and drag to the correct order this does not persist (even after committing)

2. Items which are attached to more than 1 release (because they have children in more than one release) do not appear correctly on the schedule. They appear significantly shorter (i.e. 1/8th of an iteration) than they should (i.e. 2 iterations).

Hopefully we can find a solution to this as the tool seems pretty powerful otherwise.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2018

Hi @markkerollos,

The releases order in the "Releases" tab is editable by drag-n-drop which would generate changes to be committed. The order used here is left-to-right then top-to-bottom. If you believe the ranking is not persisting for you I'd suggest trying in an incognito window or another browser to eliminate this factor, If that doesn't work I'd suggest reaching out to support (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/).

I'm not sure of the situation you are facing in 2., if the issues are shorter than expected it could be that their estimate is not matching the expectation or that some of the issues are being filtered out which would be another reason for them to look shorter than expected.

Feel free to share some screenshot (anonymized if necessary) to help explain the situation.

Cheers,

Thomas

markkerollos February 4, 2018

Thanks Thomas for your input. 

I tried your suggestions but both incognito and different browser windows did not work. 

I have managed to get it working, and the following gives more context for how this issue occurred and what resolved it.

Portfolio has 6 different projects in it.

There are 10 Cross Project releases (Release 1, 2, 3, etc.). 

Only Releases 6-10 had an associated release in each project.

Releases 1-5 only had 4 of the 6 projects with linked releases.

Once I ensured that Releases 1-5 had an associated release for each project I was able to re-organise and have my changes persist.

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2018

Thanks for sharing your solution, much appreciated!

Kristofer Hansson Aspman _Riada_ December 5, 2018

This bug covers the scenario where it is not desired to let the CPR:s create releases in all the projects that are part of the plan: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2452

1 vote
Goden May 24, 2018

I hope it can add order by releases as 1 click.

Marcelo Gallego August 9, 2021

Totally agree. Sorting by Start date / Release date is a must

0 votes
markkerollos January 30, 2018

Hi all, still hoping to get an answer on this. Cannot for the life of me work-out how to re-order the display of releases so that they are chronological.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events