Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red colour if due date missed

manas Sahoo January 20, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to show the issues with missed due dates are marked in red colour in the advanced roadmap ? 

Right now the road map just puts a yellow triangle to those items.

Kind Regards,

Manas

1 answer

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

Hi @manas Sahoo ,

Just to clarify you'd like to make it possible to colour the issue bars on the timeline to be red when one of them is in warning (specifically when the due dates have been missed).

You've tagged this with Cloud and there are a couple of things I wanted to highlight ... on Server the default fields that render the issue on the timeline are Target Start and Target End (compared with Start Date and Due Date on Cloud - selected to align with the standard Roadmaps offering)... however, you can configure the fields you want to use for the start and end of an issue.

When using a field other than Due Date for the end date of an issue you will get a warning when the end date is *after* the Due Date... however, I'm wondering here if the situation you're experiencing is just when the end date is after the *current date* (i.e. today, whenever that is!)

Regardless, it's not possible to change issue bar colour based on a warning state - however, I can see that this would be a useful feature. Would you want colouring based on different warnings or just have red when any issue is warning?

Also, I'm curious to understand why the warning triangle and the yellow background shading on the issue row isn't enough currently to draw attention to warnings. It would be good to understand how we can improve this!

Regards,

Dave

manas Sahoo January 21, 2021

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sharing so many details. I am working on a roll-out where the business team and IT team are going to work together. The business team will not be using JIRA, but they will have access to the confluence where they will have a view of how things are going.  As they are used to seeing traffic light signal reports, it is very easy if they can see things in red amber or green based on the risks we have.

So if we have missed a deadline and it is still open, then it is clearly red. 

You have raised a few things which are important. I had not thought about due date vs target end date. Does Jira have a definition of these fields and how we should use them ?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2021

Hi @manas Sahoo ,

Jira does have a field called "Due Date" which is used by default in Advanced Roadmaps for the end date. You can configure Advanced Roadmaps plans to use alternative fields for dates (see the "Scheduling" section of the plan config).

The limitation of this is that the standard Roadmaps tool will not render a timeline from alternative end dates.

But end date is just a field that you can use if you would like to - semantically it probably has more meaning than target end for the absolute deadline of when the work needs to be completed.

I'll take this feedback to our design team though for consideration about future colouring options!

Thanks,

Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events