Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on scope

Arijit Koul August 30, 2018

I am new to Portfolio. I was able to setup a test plan for myself but facing a challenge under the scope view. My question is more related to the scope view (upper section of the page) rather than the scope table. For some reason, I see only the current sprint details and I cannot see all the sprints. So for example, I am at sprint 5 today and expect to see see all the stories from Sprint 1 to Sprint 5 in the view but all I see is the stories of Sprint 5. The same is being reflected in the Scope table at the bottom.

Please advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2018

Hi @Arijit Koul,

This could be caused by the Scheduled Range and Completed Range filters. At the top of the scope view you have some filters. One of them is Scheduled Range and Completed Range (or something like that). If that one is not showing, you can click on More to reveal it. There you can change how long in the past and future you want the plan to look. 

Does that fix your problem?

Arijit Koul September 7, 2018

Thanks for your response Rik. I selected the right options however, looks like this is still not reflecting all the sprints. Though, initially I had only one sprint info, now it is 2 sprints, 2 and 5. I dont see any info on sprints 1,3 and 4.

Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2018

There are several more factors that can cause missing issues. 

Number 1 is the Issue Sources. You need to make sure that the Issue Sources you configured contain all the issues. If your team works with 1 Board, this board can be set as the issue source. Next, all releases should be included. And in the last step of adding / changing issue sources, you should make sure that you have not excluded any issues / Epics by acciddent. 

Number 2 is the Teams section. In there you should connect the Board (or other issues source) to the team. 

Arijit Koul September 9, 2018

I think I have some idea of where the issue could lie. It has to be with the releases section. Because the board is pulling up multiple releases as sources, I assume I will have to correct the releases to reflect the correct data so that my portfolio pulls up correct info. It is just that there is so much of data, I am not sure where to start.

Thanks for your insights :).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events