Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project visual report

crs218 February 8, 2019

I need to have a live report that shows the projects we are working on.  Something simple that does not depend on versions or releases.  Just the fact that we have projects a,b,c,... in our queue and that we are actually working on them.

Is there a simple way to create a dynamic public document that shows this?

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hi Carlos,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you need, especially since you added the tag Portfolio for Jira to this question.

However, have you checked the documentation for creating a dashboard? You can add some gadgets (or reports) in a dashboard and then send the link to whoever needs to see it. You can also view that dashboard as a wallboard and put in on a bigger screen, say a TV. Please see below some useful articles:

Let me know if this is what you need!

Claudiu

crs218 February 11, 2019

Thanks @Claudiu Lionte I think the Portfolio got added automatically. 

Have tried the dashboards approach.  Some of the gadgets work well, some not to good.  One thing that is missing, at least in my case, is the ability to resize the gadget, since in some cases all content seems to land below the lower boundary.  Such is the case for the Agile Wallboard gadget.

At the end of the day, I would like to have a view that is similar to what Leankit produces, a board of all boards that gives a quick overview of all of our work

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

If the wallboard is not exactly what you need, I believe that a board of all boards can be created straightforward. You just need to create a filter that mentions all the projects (maybe exclude some unwanted issue types, priorities or anything similar) and then create a Kanban board based on that filter. 

With some additional refining (creating additional columns and mapping statuses to them) you'll get a view that is somewhat similar to what you described. Please see below a documentation article on how to create a filter and then another one on how to create a board based on an existing filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events