Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using custom date fields in Advanced Roadmaps

Andrew Fisher April 21, 2022

We are starting to use Advanced Roadmaps and are bringing in issues from a small number of projects in our system, but are having problems in the "Scheduling" configuration tab when trying to select the custom date fields we want to use.

To elaborate & provide specifics, we have a large number of different issue types and screen schemes across our projects.  However, for our minimal Advanced roadmaps plan, we have an issue source of a filter that brings in only epics from a single project (i.e. "project = XYZ AND issuetype = Epic").  We have a custom date fields called "Plan Start Date" and "Play End Date" (which have also been added in the "Custom fields" section of our plan's config).

1. If we configure the "Plan Start Date" field and set its applicable issue types to be just Epics, we're unable to select to use this field in scheduling for our plan - we get the message of "Make sure to add this date field to all the issue sources of this plan" (regardless of our plan's displayed hierarchy being set as "epic" to "epic").

2. If we then configure this custom field and set its applicable issue types to be "Any Issue type", then we can now select to use this field in scheduling for our plan.

3. If we configure this custom field to update the applicable issue types, but now manually select all but one of the issue types (the one excluded doesn't seem to matter, and most of the issue types in our system aren't used within our example "XYZ" project's issue type scheme), then we're again unable to select to use this field in our plan scheduling.

So I guess my question is - for custom date fields to be selectable in the Advanced Roadmaps "Scheduling" config, do these fields need to be configured to be associated with all issue types in the system, regardless of which issue types are associated with the issue sources?  (I'm hoping we don't have to add these custom fields to all issuetypes in the system if we don't have to, although we may be able to workaround this with careful config management of screen schemes if we have to).

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Andrew Fisher

I feel this could correspond to the following bug:

While it is targeted to Cloud the content is the same. In case this is what you are seeing also, I would suggest to bookmark the bug report to keep track of the progress.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events