Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio scenarios - changing sprint duration

Vanessa_Roberts May 8, 2017

I currently have the default sprint duration in Portfolio set to two weeks.  I want to create a scenario where the sprint duration is three weeks instead of two (for all sprints, not just one).   Can I do that without changing the configuration for all scenarios in the plan?

To clarify, I see other questions where users want to have a custom sprint duration to accommodate holidays and what-not.   In other words, they run 2 weeks sprints, but a few times a year want to make it a 1 week or 3 week for the holidays.    I am not asking this question.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2017

Hi @Vanessa_Roberts,

If you change the sprint duration of a team it will then become part of the scenario as an uncommitted change, as long as this is not committed it won't impact other scenarios. You are not able to change the duration of an active started JIRA sprint.

Note: while from my personal experience I would generally advise to keep the number of uncommitted change to a minimum to ensure it doesn't grow out of control, it seems OK for your use case.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events