On Portfolio version 3.1 - new experience.
I do not understand how the "Target start" and the "Target end" fields are computed by the scheduler.
My configuration is:
After auto-schedule, the start date and end date are as follow:
I would have expected that the minimum would be the estimates with potentially the weekend added.
I would also assume that, due to the dependency, the minimum elapsed days would be 40 days whatever the team capacity is as the documentation states that there is only one assignee by issue.
The default working hours for a day is considered to be 8 hours. So if you have an issue that is expected to take 10 days then it's assumed to take 80 hours of work. If your team works 40 hours a week then it would be expected to take 2 weeks of work. It is assumed that regardless of team size that only one person will work on any issue, but the working hours are distributed evenly between team members.
So assuming you only have one person in your team and it's going to take 10 working days then taking weekends into account it could be scheduled to take anywhere between 12 and 14 days (depending when weekends fall).
I've tried this out in the most recent Portfolio code and this is what I'm seeing - however, I haven't checked against 3.1.0 so it's possible that there were bugs in earlier versions.
I'm actually quite surprised you got as few as 6 days with the configuration and estimates that you've provided.
Can you check the values you've provided so that I can double check - possibly even providing some screenshots of the before and after auto-scheduled output?
I have tried again and now it is working as expected, but:
* I had to "save the change in JIRA"
* I had to refresh the browser page
While it is ok for me, it could be annoying if you want to play with your planning without wanting to commit the changes back to JIRA.
It shouldn't actually be necessary to save the changes to Jira, however I do know that we had some issues with the estimates fields not triggering a refreshed calculated schedule (we cache old calculation results if we don't believe any data has changed) caused by a failure to recognise that the field value has changed.
This can occur when immediately clicking on the "Auto-schedule" button with focus still in the estimate field and should hopefully be resolved in 3.2.0.
If you continue to have problems with this then I would suggest that you raise a support issue as this sounds like a bug,
Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events