Portfolio: how to "un-"share a team?

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing shared teams

In the documentation about sharing a Portfolio team it explains how to share a private team. However, it doesn't explain how to remove a shared team and convert it back to a private team.

If you go to the shared teams and try to "remove" it, it will remove the entire team. Also from the private plans. This is not what I want.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Jacques. 

5 answers

5 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

Hello everyone!

We have a current feature request to be able to un-share a team:

It would help a lot if each of you can vote on this request, and comment there with your usage case.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Daniel Jacobsen February 6, 2017

Same here. Please fix! I need to unshare, but I can only delete the team now after having shared it.

1 vote
Hani Juha January 17, 2017

I have the same issue.  Shared teams does not work as I expected.  I want to un-share

0 votes
amine benali May 31, 2018

1 - go to teams

2 - Expand the teams to see the users

3- double click on the users name

4- at the right : a screen will show then click on manage 

5- from there you can delete the shared teams

0 votes
Mark O'Connor August 4, 2017

Yup, same problem. The only way out I've found is to recreate it in your plan (deleting it is too risky as other plans may be using the shared team). Just gotta make sure you record the setting for each team member. An issue especially if you have changed the availability for individual team members.

I agree there should be an option to convert a Shared Team to a Private team by making a copy of it, changing the name and then assigning it the plan you want. Any thoughts @TeamAtlassianDigicamere?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events