Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio - consistent schedule dates across plans

Mohsin Qamar October 13, 2018

Hi folks. New to portfolio so hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I have few plans in Portfolio for Jira. e.g. 

• Plan-iOS : for IOS products
  • Plan-Android: for Android products
  • Plan-Mobile: for all mobile products (IOS/Android) and higher level view

Plan-iOS is used by their a Product Manager for his team and Plan-Mobile is used by Product Management and Development Leadership for overall schedule view.

Now, I have a initiatives and Epics scheduled in Plan-iOS. Lets say for an initiative that date is get is 1-Jan to 1-Mar. Now this same initiative from Plan-iOS is pulled into Plan-Mobile (for reporting and tracking purpose) and this shows up with different schedule dates than what is in Plan-iOS.

Why these dates are different across plans? Both plans have nothing Uncommitted. What am I missing? I looked at community questions and videos but there is no clear mention of how different plans, working off the same set of Jira projects are suppose to present the values.  

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Riza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

Hi @Mohsin Qamar

Are the configurations of both plans the exact same. This includes the exact same sources in both, the scheduling configuration, working days and all other plan configurations. 

If you have different plans with different sources or configurations, then each plan based on the issues in it and the resources available and configurations set would show different timelines. 

Mohsin Qamar October 15, 2018

Hi Riza: if the scope and resources were to be the same then there is no point in having multiple plans, right? Am I over complicating this? Sorry if I am. 

I think it it comes down to how I can use the output of a plan in another plan, especially scheduled dates of dependencies. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events