Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio: % complete using issue status

Michael McFarland August 6, 2015

We have been using Portfolio for about six weeks and JIRA for years. In our workflow we have a "ready for release" state that is the equivalent of resolved/closed in that we supply the value to the resolution field. I've update all the transitions to this state to use the resolve issue screen and am firing a resolve issue hook on transition. However, no matter what I do, the % complete on JIRA Portfolio only seems to update if I close the issue. I thought that this status was based on the resolution field. Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Is the resolution field using the same colour (Green) just like Closed does within the workflow? Just a guess that, that might be the trigger?

0 votes
Michael McFarland August 6, 2015

(facepalm) YES! That was it. This status has to be in the done category on the status edit screen. Thanks so much Darren.

darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2015

Haha, no problem at all buddy :)

Chris Mitchell January 7, 2016

Strange that the color is the trigger -- according to the Portfolio progress tracking page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/status-and-progress-tracking-715263088.html#Statusandprogresstracking-Resolved), the resolved field just has to be not empty.. "If the issue is resolved ( Resolution field is not empty), the progress is 100%." when there are no sub-issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events