It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portfolio: % complete using issue status

We have been using Portfolio for about six weeks and JIRA for years. In our workflow we have a "ready for release" state that is the equivalent of resolved/closed in that we supply the value to the resolution field. I've update all the transitions to this state to use the resolve issue screen and am firing a resolve issue hook on transition. However, no matter what I do, the % complete on JIRA Portfolio only seems to update if I close the issue. I thought that this status was based on the resolution field. Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Is the resolution field using the same colour (Green) just like Closed does within the workflow? Just a guess that, that might be the trigger?

(facepalm) YES! That was it. This status has to be in the done category on the status edit screen. Thanks so much Darren.

Haha, no problem at all buddy :)

Strange that the color is the trigger -- according to the Portfolio progress tracking page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/status-and-progress-tracking-715263088.html#Statusandprogresstracking-Resolved), the resolved field just has to be not empty.. "If the issue is resolved ( Resolution field is not empty), the progress is 100%." when there are no sub-issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,715 views 23 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you