Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio: Show Assignee from JIRA Ticket (read-only)

Ted Henry February 23, 2018

I want to show the assignee for all issues in Portfolio scope view without mapping to scheduling features.

FWIW, I wasn't able to successfully get the mapping to work.  But in truth, we're not planning to use the scheduling features right now anyway.  All we're trying to do is allow our PMs to see all issues associated with a "Project" (<- aka Initiative) which span across several JIRA Projects.  The mapping seemed to apply only on certain issues, at certain levels, despite setting up teams with the appropriate members.

All we really want right now is to show "Assignee" like we do with any other custom field value, but it does not appear in the list.  Read-Only is perfectly fine for our purposes so we do not need to sync back and forth, nor do we need to use resource planning.

We just want to display the assignee as it's defined in JIRA.

Is there any way to make this happen?

1 answer

Ted Henry March 2, 2018

Thank you Krista, but no this is not what I am looking for.  It's close though.  We are not using the scheduling features and do not want to calculate resources using teams.  We also do not want to allow for editing of assingee via Portfolio.  We're looking for a way to simply render the Assignee in JIRA (read-only) and not to match up via a Team.

FWIW, I tried to get that to work but was not able to get it to map reliably.  Sometimes it seemed to map, sometimes it didn't.

Thanks.

Krista Parker March 9, 2018

Ahhhh gotcha. But it did match up sometimes? Was there anything different on the issue side when it did match up? 

Ted Henry March 9, 2018

Nope.  When it matched it was correct.  But it didn't always match.  I was thinking of creating a custom calculated field to simply write in whomever the Assignee as read-only is and may still try this.  

Thank you for the reply.

Godfrey Imudia July 2, 2018

I am also looking for the solution to the problem which Ted is facing.

Does anybody have the proper solution?

Ted Henry July 3, 2018

I haven't implemented this yet, but what I am planning to do is create a custom field called "Assignee (Read-Only)" and copy the value of Assignee to there.  Then show this field as a custom field in Portfolio.  

We have the "Automation for JIRA" plugin, so I can watch this field and perform the copy whenever this field is updated.

I assume this will work, but haven't tried it yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events