Portfolio-Program not showing Release offtrack for issues scheduled beyond Release dates

Susneha Patil October 29, 2019

Hello all!

I have a Query based Plan in 'Portfolio for Jira' which has Epics and stories with scheduled end date beyond the Release date to which they are tagged to.

I built a Program using this Plan. I am expecting the release to have turned Red. But, it's not.

Am I missing something? I want 'Portfolio for Jira' to show releases red when the plan has items beyond the release date. How does it work?

---

Update: 31-Oct-2019

Apparently, the feature available just shows the overbooked releases and not 'offtrack releases'. Couldn't find the Atlassian documentation in this regard though.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lachlan G
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hey Susneha,

Your expectation sounds correct to me. 

Could you create a support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com?
That way we can provide you with support specific to your circumstances and with higher security. 

Thanks,

Lachlan

Portfolio for Jira Server Team

Bruno Mazzoco January 10, 2020

Hi, 

I have same situation.

Didn't understand about the part of only showing "the overbooked releases" . I would expect to see all the releases as in Portfolio Project Plan. 

My expectation was also to have Release Status Off-track (Red) when items schedule as end-date after the Release Date (off-track situation) in this Program View too. 

Also, I was testing putting some issues with Start-Date also after the release date (another situation of off-track) and it seems that this is a JIRA Project BUG too for not indicating as off-track as per the documentation described in here: 

"Off-track - If any of the issues is starting or ending beyond the release date then the release is off-track."

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-questions/How-is-Release-Status-on-track-off-track-calculated/qaq-p/1139636

With many thanks and kind regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events