It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portfolio Plan : Why do some Epics appears as "issues without parent Epic" ?? Edited

Hello Dear community !

I'm struggling with Portfolio plan ..... 

We use 6 projects on Jira. Each of them a next-gen project and exactly the same config.

We defined Epics that have inside one to n stories.

Now, we want to import the Epics in Portfolio Plan. When we try to import them, only 3 of them are considered as Epics as the other Epics are displaid in the mess of Stories that are classified under " issues without parent Epics".

Why don't these Epics bring up on top when we import them ? 

3 answers

Hi, i have the same problem. Any progress?

I am also coming across this issue. Is it something to do with the Next Gen projects?

I have the same problem. Does Portfolio expect that all Epics must be under Initiatives?

At the same time I'm accepting that perhaps this isn't really a problem, just that for consistency Epics that aren't under an Initiative maybe need to be grouped under something so they decided to created this as the parent item to group these Epics under.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,288 views 19 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you