Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio: Limit parent links to the same project?

Matthias Kannenberg April 28, 2020

I'm using a portfolio plan across multiple projects (for simplicity say project A and B) with a 5-level hierarchy connected via parent links.

What is frequently happening is that I accidentally create child issues in the wrong project and I'm looking for a way to limit parent links to not work across projects, so issues in project A can only have parents in project A and vice versa.

My issue specifically is that say I have an issue in project A and click the + button to add a child issue, this child issue by default will sometimes be created in project B instead because I think portfolio plans use the last project I created an issue in instead of the project of the immediate parent I am trying to create an issue under.

I'm still using the legacy portfolio live plans if this makes a difference (since the new interface is still unusable) but even without plans it would be great to only see available parant issues from the same project when editing an issue for example.

This is basically the same issue as exist with epics in standard jira (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12016) with all the same arguments.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events