You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
we've updated our Jira-Server-Instance to v8.2.1 and the portfolio-plugin to 3.2.0
When trying to access portfolio we get a SQL-Exception:
com.querydsl.core.QueryException: Caught MySQLSyntaxErrorException for select `plan`.`ID`, `plan`.`TITLE`, `plan`.`PLANNING_UNIT`, `plan`.`HEURISTIC_THRESHOLD`, `plan`.`GLOBAL_SPRINT_LENGTH`, `plan`.`DEFAULT_TEAM_WEEKLY_CAPACITY`, `plan`.`GLOBAL_DEFAULT_VELOCITY`, `plan`.`DEF_EST_MAP`, `plan`.`HAS_SPRINT_CONSTRAINT`, `plan`.`SYNC_START_ENABLED`, `plan`.`STRICT_STAGE_DIVISION`, `plan`.`MIN_LOAD_UNSTR_EPICS`, `plan`.`MAX_RESOURCES_PER_STORY`, `plan`.`ASSIGNEE_SCHEDULING_LEVEL`, `plan`.`SCHEDULING_VERBOSITY`, `plan`.`HOURS_PER_DAY`, `plan`.`WEEKDAY_CONFIGURATION`, `plan`.`COMMIT_ISSUE_ASSIGNEE`, `plan`.`UNESTIMATED_ISSUES_OPTION`, `plan`.`DEPENDENCY_MODE`, `plan`.`MULTI_SCENARIO_ENABLED`, `plan`.`TIME_ZONE`, `plan`.`PROGRAM_ID`, `plan`.`SCHEDULING_START_CUSTOM_FIELD`, `plan`.`SCHEDULING_END_CUSTOM_FIELD`, `plan`.`CREATOR_ID`, `plan`.`PORTFOLIO_PLAN_VERSION`, `plan`.`INCLUDE_COMPLETED_ISSUES_FOR`, `plan`.`IGNORE_SPRINTS`, `plan`.`IGNORE_TEAMS`, `plan`.`IGNORE_RELEASES` from `AO_D9132D_PLAN` `plan` order by `plan`.`ID` asc
Caused by com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'plan.INCLUDE_COMPLETED_ISSUES_FOR' in 'field list'
I'm not sure if this error is 100% portfolio Specific, and I am leaning more towards an issue with the Upgrade and a conflict in the database directly. But we will need to check some things out so see whats happening here.
There was a similar BUG in portfolio 2.13 on a different Portfolio table, that looks like it could be related. the old BUG was caused by a missed upgrade task caused by a conflict with MySQL, Details on this BUG are covered at the link below, but in this particular bug a uninstall / re-install of the three portfolio add-on modules did the trick to correct the issue, And I would recommend checking this out as a possible solution, let me know if this workaround works:
But overall I'm looking at the portion of the error "Caught MySQLSyntaxErrorException for select" on the portfolio plan data table: `AO_D9132D_PLAN` but more specifically just the "MySQLSyntaxErrorException" portion. This usually indicates that at least one object in the source or destination database does not have the utf8 encoding and/or utf8_bin collation, as described in "Connecting Jira applications to a database" which can lead to failures attempting to create or alter database tables or cause conflicts in primary key mappings during upgrades leading to duplicate primary key value errors later on.
If the above workaround does not correct the table configurations a deeper dive into the logging and DB consistency is needed. To do this we would want to get you in touch with our support team at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ so we can get ahold of your logging through our secure support portal for additional review.
Keep me posted on the outcome, and let me know if you need assistance creating a support request if the uninstall/re-install does not work.
Hi @shivamdu ,
Thanks for the mention, as we always like to make sure the solution gets shared out and we forgot to circle back to this one with an update on what was found.
After log review we found a few errors and In this particular case it came down to a database error that caused some active object upgrade task in portfolio to fail.
In this case the issue that occurred is related to the MySQL database directly and details on the cause and fix are covered in the following KB article:
And the process followed to correct the error with portfolio in conjunction with the DB error was the following: