Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PortfoIn the configuration panel the scenarios are not visible I see only advanced and nothing below

Radosveta Delcheva July 19, 2019

Dear all, the version of Portfolio is 3.4.0 and I can not see anything below Advanced in the configuration part of the plan, the scenarios are not available, are they not available for the version (Server based) or I have another issue maybe with permissiones - 3 modules of Portfolio are installed. Or something is not configured? Thank you in advance! Kind regards Radosveta

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

HI Radosveta,

Thanks for reaching out on this, and it sounds like something is broken as the Scenarios menu under the Advanced section in the plan configurations should be visible even with the minimal level of permissions set for the user that is looking at the configs which would be View for a read only experience.

So a few things to look into, I would recomend first running an incognito window or different browsers as a quick check to make sure browser add-ons or versions are not causing a conflict.  A few more tips can be found in our "Browser Troubleshooting Guide"

Then checking the logging as the next step to see if there are any errors triggering on the backend, specifically looking at the atlassian-jira.log and the atlassian-greenhopper.log located in the jira-home log directory.   Also check the browser level javascript console logs to see if there is anything flagged on the page load that could help narrow it down a bit.

See if you can get to the scenario page using the URL directly, replacing the id with the one for your plan:

https://BASE_URL/secure/PortfolioPlanView.jspa?id=1&sid=1#settings/scenarios

Another thing to do is un-install / re-install the 3 portfolio apps in the manage apps admin panel manually and watch the logging on re-install to see if there are any mentions of an error during the re-installation.

Then if your still not seeing any errors and the application is still erroring check safe-mode to disable all other add-ons and re-enable portfolio only to see if there is a possible app conflict.

Let me know if any of these steps correct the behavior or if you are able to locate any errors so I can take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

Radosveta Delcheva July 23, 2019

Dear Earl,

Thanks a lot. I will check with the admins everything you suggested to find the reason for the issue and I wll get back to you. Kr Radosveta

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events