Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans/Advanced roadmaps

Tristan Draaisma September 24, 2021

I'm trying to add items from multiple Jira projects into a single plan/advanced roadmap. I create this plan based on a filter that I have created. When I add items from different projects I get a warning message saying: 'Advanced Roadmaps doesn't support team-managed projects.'

Am I expecting the wrong functionality? I researched online and I could find this comment which I find confusing (most likely because English is not my mothertongue) 

adv_road.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2021

The use of the term Team is indeed confusing in Atlassian products, even for native English speaking people like myself. I won't get into all of the different ways that Team is used across products, but I can help with this question.

There are two types of projects in Jira: Team-Managed (used to be called Next-Gen) and Company-Managed. In short, only Company-Managed project types are able to be used with Advanced Roadmaps. 

Sadly, this is just one of several significant shortcomings of Team-Managed projects. 

The reference to Teams in the roadmap means that you can define teams and associate work to teams. We actually sort/report work in the roadmap based on teams.

Here's a link that explains the two types of projects and how they differ: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/learn-the-basics-of-team-managed-projects/

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2021

Hi David,

The other comment here is correct, there are 2 types of projects: company-managed and team-managed. Currently Advanced Roadmaps support company-managed projects only, we are under way in our work to support team-managed as well. Please following this ticket for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20012

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events