Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTO Vacation accounting in a Plan

Ollie Reid March 25, 2021

It feels like a hack to add a Epic or a Story for a vacation.  Is there another way to account for time off / PTO / Vacation / Holiday ?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Ollie Reid ,

It is possible to adjust the velocity of future sprints to account for planned absence. You do this by grouping by team or sprint and then clicking on the sprint in the timeline and you have the option to override the default velocity for that sprint. 

This was only introduced in later versions of Portfolio / Advanced Roadmaps so you might need to upgrade your version to access it.

We are looking at reintroducing some of the individual capacity management facilities that were available in the "Live Plans" version of the interface though - and individual absences is one of those things we'll be looking at.

Is this the main use case you have for capacity management related to individuals or would you expect to be able to handle other things (such as being able to control the level of contribution that an individual makes to a team, etc) 

Regards,
Dave

Ollie Reid April 1, 2021

I think we need several different options for changing capacity more automatically, what comes to mind immediately is integration with Confluence Space Holiday calendar.

Like # people like this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Thank @Ollie Reid - I definitely think that automation through integration would be the ultimate state, i.e. that you wouldn't need to manually set absences in multiple places, but that wherever you log them in your organisation they automatically flow through to your plans. However, I think initially just getting a manual interface in place will be the first step!

Regards,

Dave 

Like CC likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events