Other then "blocks"/"is blocked by" dependencies

Hans Meijer February 24, 2021

Hello,

In advanced roadmaps the "hard" links (issue in ...) hierachy is shown. Now I want another project to "tap on"/"tag along" to an epic for tracking. In JIRA, I have used "implements"/"is implemented by" ("soft"-linking). Currently advanced roadmaps support only "blocks"/"is blocked by". When is other type of links going to be supported in advanced roadmaps?

What I like to achieve is that a standard product development (project A), and project specific deliverables (project B) are shown with "implements" links in 1 plan. 

Thanks in advance, and regards,

Hans 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Hans Meijer ,

@Curt Holley has provided the correct guidance on how to configure the dependency management within Advanced Roadmaps so show more than just the default blocks/is blocked by relationship.... however, it's important to note that these relationships are just treated as dependencies.

From your question I'm wondering if what you're actually after is the ability to show these relationships in the hierarchy view in the plan rather than as dependencies?

Regards,
Dave

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Good point @Dave 

and that said, it would be awesome if Advanced roadmaps could show dependencies and other configured link types on the roadmap view, in that 'virtual string' style like roadmaps can.....hint hint :-)

Like # people like this
Hans Meijer February 25, 2021

Thanks! Indeed, i would like to see the virtual string or as i call it "soft"- link visible in plans. 

Is there a ticket, which i can vote on to speed up availability of this feature!?

Kind regards,

Hans

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2021

@Curt Holley @Hans Meijer Showing lines between dependant issues on a plan is something we're looking at currently, but unfortunately I can't commit on when it will be available ... this is something that will arrive on the Cloud platform before the Server platform though.

Regards,
Dave

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2021

Talk with your Jira admins, as it sounds like they have only enabled "Blocks/Is Blocked by" (which I think is there by default). But any or all link types can be enabled in Advanced Roadmaps.

See here for more details: Configuring issue dependencies | Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

Hans Meijer February 25, 2021

Thanks Curt. This is helpful.

abbie.burnett June 14, 2022

@Curt Holley I can't seem to access this link, it redirects me to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-manage-dependencies-in-advanced-roadmaps/ Do you know if you can no longer add other link types in advanced roadmaps? I can't find any guidance on it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events