Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order by Status in Portfolio for JIra

Ben Riester February 6, 2019

Is it possible to sort by the "status" column in portfolio? Currently only able to view them, but not sort by them. 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2019

Hello Ben,

The sorting in the Plan is defined by the issue rank value which is in turn used by the scheduling algorithm to define the schedule of the issue.

The following Documents go into these concept a bit more:

But the main take away is the comment: "items that are ranked higher will be considered more important, and Portfolio will attempt to schedule them before lower ranked items."  So it's by design to keep the issues in the defined rank order in the plan, as reordering the issues changes the weight of the item for the scheduling as covered in the Scheduling behavior ,  If you disable Ranking and alter the sort order you loose the functionality provided by Ranking in the scheduling algorithm, such as drag and drop and dynamic date calculations.

Regards,
Earl

Huet Landry September 25, 2019

This reveals the Portfolio's origins as a scheduling program.  I want to have the ability to sort by something like WSJF initially, to set a roadmap for my Train across all teams, then sort by relative rank later, as we start work on the features.  The current version of portfolio forces me to use a JIRA board to do the initial wsjf ranking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events