Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

One ticket shows up in multiple projects

Advanced roadmaps; I have two projects configured in one plan. Oddly a couple tickets show up in both those plans where it should not. I cannot find what would be causing this. Have you ever heard of that?

Example:

Plan: Test

Project: ABC Project

Project: 123 Project

Result is I see both projects in one plan, displayed separately. But some of the tickets are appearing in both. 

Thanks,

Karl

2 answers

0 votes
Belto Atlassian Team Mar 24, 2022

Hi Karl,

This could be related to the grouping you've applied on your Plan. Please have a look at Issues appearing in the Unassigned swimlane when Grouping by...

Cheers,

Belto.

0 votes
Clark Everson Community Leader Mar 24, 2022

Hi Karl,

Can you attach screenshots of the configuration? This sounds like there is a board or filter also configured in that plan.

Also is this for Cloud or Data Center?

Best,
Clark

Here's a screenshot of what I meanScreenshot 2022-03-24 095718.png

Curt Holley Community Leader Mar 27, 2022

@Karl Rothenberg What are you grouping by in that screenshot? Also what are your Issue sources for the plan? Whole projects or individual boards? If boards, what are the filter queries of those?

Hi... 

Sources are 3 separate projects

Grouping is by project

I suspect this is happening because there is some overlap between some epics. Which is to say that an epic lives under one project but sub tasks lives under a different project. Though that it just speculation on my part.

Karl

Curt Holley Community Leader Mar 28, 2022

I suspect you are right @Karl Rothenberg as I note that OPSP-2 entry in Ops Rox has a > next to it, signifying that it has child tasks under it, where the Ops Project entry does not. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

266 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you