Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create a 'Shared Team' in the Advanced Roadmap

Gowtam Kamath August 14, 2021

Hi,

I am planning to create a Shared team so that I can access the teams accross multiple plans. When I switch to the 'team's section in any plan, it shows me only 2 options

1) Add an existing shared team to the plan

2) Create a Private team

I do not see an option 'Manage Shared Teams' to create one in the first place. I am a Jira Admin but not a site Admin. Is that the reason? Can someone help? Thank you in advance

Thanks,

Gowtam Kamath

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2021

Hi @Gowtam Kamath ,

there's global permission called Shared Team Management - Ability to access shared team management and edit teams that are shared across plans.

As a Jira administrator you should be able to manage all global permissions for Advanced Roadmaps, so please check, if this global permission is set correctly.

Just navigate to - Jira settings -> Products -> Advanced Roadmaps permissions

Gowtam Kamath August 14, 2021

@Hi @Hana Kučerová 

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to create Shared team

For those facing similar issues, few things to note down

1) Once we navigate to Advanced Roadmaps permissions screen, update the 'Groups' for the permission 'Shared Team Management'

2) Unlike Advanced Roadmaps Administrator permission, the a Jira Admin does not get 'Shared Team Management' permission by default. 'Administrator' need to be  added explicitly.

3) Once the permissions are updated and you navigate to the 'Teams' page, 'Manage Shared Team's does not appear . We only see a button to 'Add a Team' as a Shared team or a private team. Go ahead create a dummy private team. Now we will see a new screen with the 'Manage Shared teams'. This is a bad UX from Jira I hope they will fix it

Regards,

@Gowtam Kamath 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events