Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,456,348
Community Members
 
Community Events
176
Community Groups

Not able to add license

I installed the addon but part way thru the process to add the license I hit cancel. Now I am unable to add the license key. The buy button doesnt work. The expanded panel does not show anything and only expanses part way. I am unable to remove this addon. I went in and manually uninstalled the addon jar file but when I went thru install process again and used the trial license it seemed to work then I get back to the same status of a broken addon.

Do I need completely delete and recreate the database?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Jul 31, 2020

Hello @Justin Morgan !

After reading your situation, I believe that there is a chance of the plugin installation data being corrupted in the database itself.

Since you were able to reinstall the addon, there is a chance that wiping the plugin cache might solve the issue. You can take a look at how to do it here:

Please, keep in mind that this procedure requires you to restart the instance. Scheduling some downtime for Confluence is advisable.

Now, if the above does not solve the situation, we can try looking into the database itself. While wiping the database and recreating it from the ground might work, we have a procedure that looks into this situation. What we will need to do is manually remove the plugin data from the database.

You can check this documentation about this procedure here:

As stated in the documentation itself, trying this fix on a test instance first would be the best approach. Also, creating a backup of your database is highly advisable. Excerpt from the document:

Always back up your data before performing any modifications to the database. If possible, test any alter, insert, update, or delete SQL commands on a staging server first.

 

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events