Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Issues created under an epic not inheriting epic's team

Topher Speth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2022

Is there any way to set stories in a epic to use the same team as the epic itself, or am I stuck manually updating the team for every new story I create in the epic? We are grouping our roadmap by team, however the default state for every new story created under epics (even epics assigned to a team) is for them to go into the "Unassigned" bucket. I would like it better if the new story inherited whatever the epic's team value is by default.

1 answer

1 vote
Rick Olson April 6, 2022

Yes, we do this ourselves.

You need to know the custom field number for the team field on your instance. In our case, it is 10356 -- so you can follow the example.

The first screen shot is the automation I have in place. Note that you need to have an epic link to reference the epic's team field. You can see the trap I have for that and also the way I handle it. 

The way to make this work is to edit the issue field the way I show in the second screen shot.

I hope that helps.

-Rick

Screen shot 1:

TeamName1.PNG

Screen shot 2:TeamName2.PNG

Topher Speth
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 6, 2022

Thanks Rick - this makes sense, but unfortunately I don't believe I have access to the automation tool for my project. Maybe I can convince the admin to help me out with that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events