Moving an epic in portfolio to a higher rank but issue is being moved down after committing

Denise DeCesare April 3, 2019

When we move an epic in Portfolio, and commit the change, it seems to be moved down by Portfolio.  For example, when ranking an epic to #1 (and all stories get ranked as well), and then committing changes, Portfolio moves that epic to #4.  Is this because something else is being ranked higher or has some type of dependency? Won't portfolio override that if it's manually ranked?

3 answers

0 votes
Adrienn Szabo July 22, 2019

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. This happens immediately after committing the changes.

0 votes
Kevin Hamm May 20, 2019

Im also having this same issue. Did you ever find out the cause? To test, i created a test feature, with a child Epic and a child story. When i drag it to the top of portfolio (the feature) it shows that the rank of the feature, epic, and story are all at the top when i select each level of hierarchy. Upon committing, i find that the Feature, Epic, and Story are near the bottom of the backlog in portfolio. Looking at the story and epic detail view, it shows the rank was lowered. Very strange. This problem started a couple months ago.

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Hi Denise,

Does the ranking drop to #4 immediately on committing the changes?  It's possible that some of the stories in the epic were re-ranked either via re-ordering in the backlog/board or transitioned across columns/status's in the board and ranked lower than stories in positions 2 or 3.

To debug and understand futher, you can run a query against your epics and children and order by rank to see which jira issue in the epic are being ranked lower.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events