Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More instructions and Best Practices

Deleted user June 3, 2021

We have a dozen Themes, 45 or 50 Initiatives, and over 1000 issues on our Advanced Roadmap. Here are a few of my questions:

1. To show the Roadmap and only show the current Sprint, selecting the Sprints -> Current Sprints causes much of the Themes, Initiatives, and even some epics and issues to be display grayed out. Is there a better way to only show what is involved in the current Sprint and not show so much outside the Sprint?

2. I have tried to limit what would be displayed on the Roadmap with a Filter and adding it to the Issue Sources. I have a dozen different Scrum boards as issues as well. Does the filter work across all of the Issue Sources? If not, how does it work?

3. There is a debate on whether Target start and Target end dates need to be entered for issues below an Epic. I know you can inherit from the Sprint, but would it be better to enter the Sprint Target dates on all the issues, or is that overkill?

I'll stop here to see what wisdom you can share with me. Thank you very much!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi @[deleted] 

Regarding 1. In the filters section (at the bottom) untick the "Show full hierarchy" box.

Regarding 2. Adding a filter doesn't filter the existing Issue sources, it adds another issue source. So by adding your new filter, you have just added everything that the filter retrieves into your plan. Each Issue source is....a source for adding issues to the plan. Think Filter Query for a Jira board, but 3 dimensional (i.e. Whole Projects, Boards or Filters)

Regarding 3. It is a fair debate....no perfect answer, so it depends on what you want from the plan, current team ways of working etc.

If all teams work in sprints, then perhaps sprint data is good enough. If not, then adding dates makes sense....though may well incur an overhead if teams are not used to adding such info currently.

Hopefully this helps?

Deleted user June 3, 2021

It does, thank you, Curt. I am sure I will have a couple of other questions once I try your recommendations tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events