Missing timeline bars

Mehgan Hawk March 14, 2022

I used a label to pull various epics/stories from 3 scrum projects and 1 kanban project to pull into a roadmap.  I can't seem to get the timeline bars to show for any of my scrum projects.  At one point, I was able to get my kaban project to show a timeline bar.  The scrum projects are higher priority over the kanban project, so I removed the kanban project thinking that was possibly the issue and it hasn't helped.  I've tried changing the configuration settings to alter the estimation/dates and inferred dates are pulled and can't resolve the issue.  

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2022

So for the Scrum project which fields are they using for start and end date data? In other words, do the issues pulled actually content a consistent dataset for generating the timeline.

I only ask as it is a reoccurring theme where I am.

Mehgan Hawk March 18, 2022

Ah I see.  we only use start/end dates for the Kanban project.  The scrum project we only assign the stories/epics to sprints and don't have start/end dates.  I assumed the timeline bars within the respective sprints would show on the roadmap view.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2022

To get the teams timeline (and sprint) data to show on a plan, follow this View and edit teams in your Advanced Roadmaps plan | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support and ensure that the inferred dates section of the plans schedule is set to "Sprint dates"

inferred.png

Mehgan Hawk March 21, 2022

Thanks Curt, but I do have that value selected and still nothing :( sprint date setting in roadmap.PNG

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Do you have Shared teams set-up with their Board/s as the issue source as per the link I posted? As I think that is required for the magic to happen.

Beyond that, I'd raise it with Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events