Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing issues (ones using custom workflow) from Epics when creating portfolio plan

Aishwarya December 10, 2018

I am using Jira software on the cloud. I am using a portfolio for my project planning. When I try to pull some epics, many stories within these epics do not show up in the plan. These stories are in a custom in_progress workflow stage such as 'Ready for Test'. It is very absurd that these particular set of issues are missing from the portfolio plan. Anyone faced this problem?

We are testing portfolio and this is a big bottleneck at the moment :(

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hi @Aishwarya,

This is a really difficult one to diagnose remotely, but what tends to happen sometimes is issues being excluded because they are assigned to a release that is not included in your plan. Also, if the fix version field is hidden in a Jira project, issues from that project will not be imported (known issue JPOCLOUD-1283).

If that is not the reason, have a look at this Community article with Portfolio tips and tricks, which does not specifically focus on missing issues, but might point you towards other potential causes.

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2018

You should carefully evaluate the scope of the portfolio plan. I would suspect that one or more of the queries or boards that is being used to generate the portfolio plan excludes these issues. 

Aishwarya December 10, 2018

Thanks for your reply,

I just verified and all the boards and teams are included. The one thing that I am doing differently is that I am using a filter to pull all these issues. The filter, when used in issue navigator of Jira, gives the expected result.

Even if I use the project as a source and select the desired epic to avoid the route of a filter, the issues are still missing.  

0 votes
Aishwarya December 12, 2018

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

Thanks for pointing this out. This was helpful and we could see the issues on our portfolio plan now.  

I am also hoping that Atlassian fixes the known issue on the fix version soon.

Anyway, Thanks for the help. 

Aisha 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events