Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing JIRA issues on Advanced Roadmaps

Loretta Rehm June 11, 2021

All completed issues and epics disappear from my plan once statusCategory is done.

As far as I could understand, Advanced Roadmap seems to be using statusCategory to determine if an issue is "DONE".

I've tried setting the "keep issues in plan days" field to 999 so I can keep the issues visible, still they are not shown.

It was mentioned in another thread that all issues should have resolutions date set. Not necessarily issues in a statusCategory Done have their Resolution set in JIRA. Only if you choose to do so via postFunction on Transition to the status.

So if you are relying on Resolved field in JIRA (for the Resolution date), why don't you rely on Resolution field not being empty to choose which issues are "Completed" for the purpose of your filter?

JIRA doesn't impose this on its users, it is a shame that if we want to use Advanced Roadmaps we are forced to revamp Workflows impacting thousand of JIRA issues and metrics.

2 answers

0 votes
Loretta Rehm June 14, 2021

0 votes
Sachithra Dangalla
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2021

Hi Loretta,

In Jira Server, Advanced Roadmaps use the resolution date to filter out the completed issues and if the default Jira workflows were used, the resolution will be automatically set. If you're using a custom workflow that does not set the resolution, you can use this document to learn more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/advanced-workflow-configuration-938847443.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions

If resolutions are set and the issues are still missing, this document will provide you more information on why issues may be missing in your plan: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/missing-issues-1044784180.html

Thanks,

Loretta Rehm June 14, 2021

Good morning Sachithra, that's the beauty of JIRA: it let's you customise it so it fits the team, not the other way around, as per Scrum Manifesto - "Individuals and interactions over processes and tools".

There's a specific reason why we do not want to set the resolution in JIRA simply because the status is in the DONE category - we have different meanings for definition of DONE in Sprint and definition of DONE for the project, as we do not release software to production every sprint given the risk/work associated with the changes Business need to ensure training, manuals, etc are in place before releasing.

Therefore I cannot accept your answer as a valid one, as you are suggesting I force my workflow to set the resolution even though the JIRA issue is not resolved.

I do not understand, though, why you don't use the Resolution field to consider an issue DONE instead of using the status category.

It is unfortunate that Advanced Roadmaps takes a step back on giving JIRA users the freedom they need to manage their projects. I will wait around and see if anyone can come up with a different proposal to my problem that takes in consideration the need of keeping our freedom to choose statuses on DONE category without having to mark the Resolution field in JIRA (especially when "un-resolving" items in JIRA is not an straightforward task).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events