Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio shows warning when due date = target end after update

jbeg August 29, 2019

After updating Portfolio to 3.9.0 all issues are showing a warning when the due date is the same as the target end. Is there anyway to fix this? All our planned issues are now shown with a warning... 

Steps to recreate: 

• Create Issue
  • Set due date
  • In Portfolio set target end the same as due date
  • issue is shown with a warning

Even the tooltip suggest to set the due date to before or the same as the target end.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2019

I'm a team leader for Jira for Portfolio Server. Thanks for raising this issue, this looks like a regression in our functionality and I've raised internal issue to fix this problem. Unfortunately I can't commit to a future version when this problem will be resolved.

Regards,

Dave

2 votes
Andrew Bain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 30, 2019

I am having the exact same issue.

1 vote
Wing Yee Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 24, 2019

We have the same issue.  The warning remained even I changed the due date to be earlier than the target end date.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

If the due date is earlier than the target date than that definitely should show a warning.

The due date should be considered as the date the issue absolutely must be resolved by. You can have a target date that indicates the issue will be resolved before the due date, but if you're targeting to resolve an issue after it's due date then you'd expect a warning.

The issue with the due date with a matching target date resulting in a warning will be resolved in the next release of Portfolio (3.12.0).

Like # people like this
Wing Yee Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 25, 2019

Thank you Dave.  Your explanation helps me a lot.  Great to know about the ETA of the warning issue too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events