Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Plan not bringing in the right issues from projects

suruchi bharati May 27, 2021

I have created plan and in plan configuration selected the specific releases in "issue sources" from the boards that should be included but this is not working. In The releases tab - i have selected only few releases from the boards and expecting that plan should include only those issues but i do not see plan including those issues.  THIS IS A SHOWSTOPPER for us as we only want to work with the issues in these releases in Plan.  Looks like a product defect

2 answers

0 votes
suruchi bharati June 1, 2021

No I am talking about configuration of a Plan. As you can see in the screenshot , It prompts to select releases from which issues will be tracked. But it does not include issues only from the selected releases. It randomly selects issues. This is clearly a product defect.. We use advanced roadmap version 

Advanced Roadmaps for Jira v3.29.6

Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2021

Hi Suruchi,

The configuration that I referred to it previously is in the Jira Cloud version but it seems your instance is JSW Server or DC.

Also, can you re-attach the screenshot, I cannot find it.

Thanks,

Sara

suruchi bharati June 2, 2021

Also we use this version of Advanced Roadmap: Advanced Roadmaps for Jira v3.29.6
Jira v8.5.0

suruchi bharati June 2, 2021

screenshot of the screen where it asks to select releases from which to include issues is attached Annotation 2021-06-02 145431.pnghere - 

Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Thanks for the screenshot, your plan should include all the issues associated with the selected releases (the blue highlighted ones) plus the issues which are not assigned to any release. If that's the case, it is the expected behaviour.

I agree that the text at the top of the page is a bit confusing. Currently, we are working to update the create plan wizard UI.

suruchi bharati June 3, 2021

In our case - it does not include all issues associated with the selected releases. It includes a few but not all. We have tried several different ways but all the issues from selected releases are not included in the Plan. This clearly looks like a defect to us. This is not letting us use Advanced Roadmap as we are using it for Agile SAFe and would like ALL the issues from selected releases to be included in our Plan. This is a showstopper and is causing lot of angst to us. 

Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
June 3, 2021

Hi Suruchi,

There might be multiple reasons why some of the issues are not included in the plan, for example, completed issues will be automatically excluded from the plan after some time (depending on the plan config). This page can help you: Troubleshooting missing issues.

If you still not sure why the issues are missing, I’d recommend that you actually raise a support request via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ as the information you’ve provided is not reaching support - you’ll achieve a resolution to the problem much faster this way!

Regards,

Sara

suruchi bharati June 3, 2021

I have researched in great depth. It is not the completed issues that are missing. But issues to-do or in progress and tagged with the releases are also missing. I do have a support ticket raised since a month. ATlasian hasnt provided a resolution yet. Its causing us great frustration and disappointment at LOC

0 votes
Sara Hekmat
Atlassian Team
May 27, 2021

Hi Suruchi,

Plan Configs -> Exclusion Rules is only for excluding issues from a plan. Meaning, you can only exclude specific releases. However, your plan will still include all the issues that are not assigned to any release.

To create a plan that only includes specific releases, you should create a new Jira issue filter and then use that as the plan issue source.

Regards,

Sara

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events