Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Data Center Advanced Roadmaps Hierarchy not working

Kruno April 21, 2022

Hi there,

I hope someone can help as this is driving me crazy.

We are using on our DC Instance Advanced Roadmaps and the Hierarchy defined by me is not visible.

2. I added it as the top level in the hierarchy setup

3. I have 3 EPICs which I linked to a Demand and they are visible on the Demand as children

4.But for some reason the hierarchy is not visible in Roadmaps

I tried a lot of things already even including reindexing but nothing worked. 

I even tried to create a Demand issue in the Roadmap view and attached the EPICs to it. It worked until I applied the changes to Jira, then the new Demand was gone and the Plugin even showed a message that this Demand is no longer visible.

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

@Andie Duframe -

Hi Andie:

In your plan, can you expose the Parent column (where you can determine if the EPICs are properly rolled up to the "Demand" issue) to validate if the rolled up actually took place.

Another way to verify is to access your Demand issue directly via the issue view UI and see if those EPICs are listed in the "Child Issues" section.

Please let me know what your findings are, so I can assist you further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Kruno April 22, 2022

Yes, I can see them. In the mean Tim I managed to make it work.

The issue was the Fix Version field being set to hidden on the field config. I think this is not the best way it is built. I would understand I get an error or similar when I try to use the filtering or views using the version but not in my case.

But anyway. Now I am facing the issue that not all main issues under an epic are shown. It seems for me like a specific issue type but only for a specific project are missing. I checked all field configs etc. but can't find the issue.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Andie Duframe -

Can you provide your Issue Source screenshots via your plan's configuration?

It is not clear on your new issue that "all main issues under an epic are shown".  Please provide more details

I am thinking it has to do with your issue source setup against your plan which is not bringing in the content properly.

Best, Joseph

Jamie Edmondson April 22, 2022

@Andie Duframe

1. If you click on the three dots by the plan in the upper left hand corner...

ThreeDots.png     

2. You should see a popup menu - click Configure.

Configure.png

3. On the next page, you should see "Issues Sources" down the left-hand side of the screen:

Issue Sources.png

4. Then look in the middle of the screen and you should see a list of Issue Sources. It could be Project, Board, or even Filter....

IssueSourcesList.png

So - this is the screen shot @Joseph Chung Yin was looking for.....what does yours look like?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

@Andie Duframe -

A few more questions...

1) Does all the issues (including the Demand issue type + all the childs of the Epics) are defined and hosted from the same IT PPM Sandbox project?

2) Can you check what you have in the Exclusion Rule setup to ensure that your issues are not be excluded from the plan.  Example -

2022-04-22_10-24-53.png

3) What version are you using?  In our env, the configuration of the plan is the clog symbol next the plan name.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Kruno April 21, 2022

Here the Screenshots as I wasn't allowed to add them with the initial post.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 12.28.25.pngScreenshot 2022-04-21 at 12.28.33.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events