Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL to return plan in same order/heirarchy as Roadmap

Barney Dalton June 14, 2022

Hi, 

I would like to be able to have a filter that shows my Roadmap issues in the same order as they appear on my plan. I am using ScriptRunner and have used the portfolioChildrenOf function to return both Initiatives and their children.

However if I order by RANK it doesn't respect the nesting I would see in the plan view. Instead I get a list of initiatives followed by a list of Epics. Is there a way to get back the ordering shown in the plan?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hi @Barney Dalton

I don't think that "native" filters can do that; JQL just doesn't have an understanding of parent/child relationships (outside of special function provided e.g. by ScriptRunner) and therefore won't apply the respective order.

May I ask what you ultimately trying to do with the filter? Perhaps there's other ways to achieve your goals.

Barney Dalton June 28, 2022

I am trying to get an automated Excel/CSV extract of a plan. I have ended up extracting all the issues using the REST API and then re-creating the correct nesting within Python before saving to Excel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events