Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL query to find issues belonging to the team where user is a member of the Portfolio Team

Malka October 24, 2019

I want a module on my system dashboard that will use a jql query. The query should return all stories and subtasks for the active sprint for that user's team that they are assigned to in Portfolio for Jira no matter the status or who on the team it is assigned to. 

S/N am I missing the documentation page with the query items like currentUser(), memberOf(), closedSprints() and the other non-field related functions that are available?

1 answer

0 votes
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

You're definitely on the right track!  You will want the filter results gadget on your dashboard.  You'll have to define the query first.

by "belonging to", do mean assigned to?

If so, try 

assignee in membersOf("Portfolio") 

where portfolio = the name of the group

If you're looking for issues that this team entered into the system, try

reporter in membersOf("Portfolio")

Malka October 24, 2019

Im looking for the stories assigned to the team. They could be assigned to a developer in the team or unassigned. They could be reported by a team member, reported by the scrum master, or reported by an outside user. 

Basically I have three teams sharing a project, each using a board filtered by team name.

For the dashboard gadget,  I want to filter by current sprint and team for current user.

Like # people like this
Numb007 October 2, 2020

Hi @Malka , 

have you found a solution for this? 

I'm also looking for this. I want to create one central dashboard which is then automatically adapted for all the teams. 

Kind regards

Like # people like this
Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

It's 2021 and we are still searching folks :) Let's hope that we find a solution someday.

Like # people like this
Fosfor September 13, 2021

I would be also interested to be able to query for the "team of the current user"

Like # people like this
Carmen Paolini July 5, 2023

It is 2023 now, anyone knows if there is a solution for this now?

Numb007 July 5, 2023

I have created now - RIch FIlter DAshboard - and with the RIch Filter Dashboard Controller - colleagues can select their Agile Team or project etc. This is helping a lot. Use it a lot .) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events