Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for subtasks in a specific status

ray April 4, 2023

I'm in search of a possibility to filter out issues with a subtask. Those subtasks should by in status analysed. 

I was thinking about: issueFunction in hasSubtasks() AND status = analysed

But when I use that JQL, it will look for Story issues in analysed with subtasks. But I need Story issues with subtasks which are in analysed.

Is it possible to achieve that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi @ray 

It should return Stories with sub-tasks in Analysed statuses.

• type = Story and issueFunction in parentsOf("status = Analysed")

Also take a look at JQL Functions page.

ray April 4, 2023

thanks! That did the trick, I need to test it further but it's looking good

0 votes
ray May 8, 2023

Hi all,

now I'm looking for a reversed filter: 

My subtasks are in analysed and the parents of the subtasks are f.e. in 'on hold'. 

I could use this JQL:  

• type = Story AND status = "on hold" and issueFunction in parentsOf("status = Analysed")

But I'm trying to use it in structure formula's to be applied to sub-tasks. So when I try the above JQL, It would return nothing since it refers to a story and my formula needs to be applied to a sub-task.

I think it could be solved if I have an reversed version of issueFunction in parentsOf(): that one starts from a story and looks for its subtask in a specific status but I'm looking for a function that starts from the subtask and is looking for its parent in a specific status...

It's very difficult to explain, so I hope someone understands my problem and help me :) 

ray May 8, 2023

doh, I think I just found it myself: issueFunction in subtasksOf("status = 'on hold'")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events