Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for finding issues assigned to team members

Martin Ørding-Thomsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2019

I'd like to make a board that shows issues assigned to members of a specific Portfolio team, the reason being that they sometimes work on bugs etc., that don't have the Team field filled out.

If I had used groups instead, I would be able to do like this:

assignee in membersOf("My Team")

but this doesn't work for Portfolio teams. Is there another way?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Georgii Lumpov June 25, 2019

There might be an option but I think you're not gonna like it. It all goes down to filling out the freaking Team field anyway :)

But automatically. Add a project automation rule to fill out the field with a set value in case a bug is assigned to a certain engineer.

This will essentially gives you two lists (one inside the portfolio team and another inside the automation rule) with a need to keep them coherent but... I have warned you :)

1 vote
Georgii Lumpov June 25, 2019

I'd say that the another way would be to find out why the Team field is not filled out for bugs.

Since in the end of the day you want the items to appear on the board then it's the simplest and most probably the most correct way.

Martin Ørding-Thomsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2019

It also needs to work for other kinds of issues. For instance, we have a type for questions/decisions. These are normally assigned to people who might know or people with authority and not to a team as such. The team as a whole cannot resolve it. So the team field is normally not filled out on this type.

But automatically filling it out anyway seems like a way that might work. The question question then is whether I can do this easily - I'm only a space admin, not a global admin. I'll find out.

Georgii Lumpov June 26, 2019

Aha... gotcha.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events