Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL for child issues

David November 3, 2021

Hi,

I want to list all child issues assigned to a certain team. Is this possible? Is it possible with scriptrunner plugin?

As step 2 I want to list parents who has child issues assigned to certain team, to create a KanBan board with Team swimlanes.

Any help appreciated!

/David

3 answers

2 votes
David November 4, 2021

I found a solution, thought I'd share if anyone else has the same need.

Using the plugin "JQL Search Extensions" (not affiliated in any way) and the following filter did the trick for me:
issue in parentsOfIssuesInQuery("issuetype = Epic and Team = 10")

If anyone has an alternative without using a plugin please share.

1 vote
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

Hi @David 

Welcome to the community.

Have a read of this, it should provide the answers: 
Solved: JQL Child issues of initiative (atlassian.com)

David November 4, 2021

Thanks for sharing Curt!

Unfortunately the provided solutions don't work on cloud. Got some ideas from it though, so I will keep investigating and share any results here.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Try something like this @David 

issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf(ABC-123)and "Team[Team]" = 123 

I'm on cloud and it works for me...no extension required. 

David November 5, 2021

Yes you're right it works. Will only list child issues of one Initiative though. Also useful, and for now probably the best you can do without any plugins, however not solving my need completely, since I want to list all Initiatives related to a Team.

Jane Brock March 23, 2022

how are you getting issues for Team to appear at all?  We have a new instance and only several teams, if I search for Team = 4 I get nothing, when there is tons of data.

David March 23, 2022

@Jane Brock I think the suggested JQL will actually be something like "Team[Team]" = 4.
Apart from that I think you'd better file a support question, to have a better chance of getting help than in this old thread :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events