Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Portfolio Classic vs 2.0 Plan

AMIT GULATI December 22, 2017

In Classic Plan, I am unable to find option to create scenarios and in live plan I am unable to find option to create initiatives.

Is this intentional or am I missing anything?

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Classic plans aren't there in Portfolio 2.0 onwards.

"This page refers to Portfolio classic plans. If you are currently running Portfolio 2.0, please check this link to access the latest page version."

And multiple scenario planning is a feature of portfolio 2.2

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/portfolio-for-jira-2-2-release-notes-915152968.html

Thanks for quick response.

I am using 2.2 since I can create scenarios but there is still an option to create a classic plan. I liked the classic plan since it allowed me to create initiatives.

Any idea why initiatives can't be created in 2.2?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

You can easily create initiatives in 2.2 as well . Please see here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html

You have to configure it in hierarchy level.

Got it. I knew about this feature but looks like it has now been given in the hands of administrator. In the earlier versions of Portfolio, a normal user could also create initiatives.

Thanks for your prompt response again.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2017

Glad that it's clear now. please accept/upvote answer if it worked for you. thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events