Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Portfolio - Capacity View Incorrect Story Point Total

matt lavinia April 17, 2019

We have started to convert to using JIRA portfolio's Capacity views to track higher-level cross-team capacity for multiple engineering teams. This works great 85% of the time and the other half of the time I get into this weird invalid point calculation state where it seems to default the point totals to the capacity for the team.

In the Sprint Board Backlog View - I will see 12 issues, adding up to 48 points. 

In the Portfolio Capacity View for that sprint - I will see 12 issues (correct), adding up to 55 points (incorrect)

55 is the capacity set for the team so I am assuming if it can't calculate the total - it defaults to the capacity?

1 answer

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hi @matt lavinia ,

Would you be able to show a screenshot of what is happening so we can look into it. In theory the two should match.

Sometimes board filters and other factors can lead to a mismatch but this not the most likely reason.

It might also be because one of those issues has an unsaved change in Portfolio (e.g. its 1 point in Jira but 8 points in Portfolio).

Thanks,

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events