Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Advanced roadmap - Roadmap without any fixed dates until proper discovery is done

Pou Yang Gan May 2, 2022

Hi everyone, I hope you are well.

In the upcoming planning cycle, I am proposing that we do away with an estimated start and end date for all initiatives for H2 Roadmap except for the initiatives with proper discovery done. They will only be aligned with release quarters until the discovery is done and then the teams will update the roadmap accordingly.

However, my challenges would be:
1) How to present the initiatives with no start/end dates in JIRA Advanced Roadmap that is tied to just quarters
2) How to display sequencing of the initiatives for teams that is being prioritised on JIRA Advanced Roadmap so that other teams can know that that particular initiative they are interested in are for example, second on the team list, so that they can plan their own sequencing due to dependecies 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

@Pou Yang Gan -

Here are some suggestions since your upcoming Initiatives are tied to quarters:

You can create scenarios in your plan, so those dates assignments live only in the plan as long as you don't commit the changes back to Jira.  By doing so, this give you the flexibility to your team to plan as needed - 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-different-planning-scenarios-in-advanced-roadmaps/

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/using-scenarios-998651186.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

@Joseph Chung YinYour bullet 2 sounds great!  Unfortunately it doesn't look like I have that option with a AR Data Center...  Have you heard of plans to add that capability to the DC version?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2022

@Aaron Gage -

Which bulletin point URL are you referring to?

Best, Joseph

Like Aaron Gage likes this
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

@Joseph Chung YinDoh! I knew I should have been more specific after submitting....  Specifically, the ability to have AR apply the start/end dates of a release in the same manner that the DC version can already do for Sprints.  (Though it's a pain that the scrum board has to be one of the issues sources to populate it....)

Thanks!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2022

@Aaron Gage -

I don't know when Atlassian will make it available to the DC version.  I would recommend that you submit your ask to https://support.atlassian.com for their suggestions.

However, I believe you can already utilize the ability of accessing your release's Start Date and Release Date and use them to control over your issues in the AR for Jira plan.

Also you can take a look at the following link regarding to auto-scheduling - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/auto-schedule-issues-in-advanced-roadmaps-1044784172.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Aaron Gage likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events