Issues from Issue Source Not Showing in Roadmap / Plan

Mike Lemmon December 31, 2020

The issues I see in the Issue Source, do not appear in my plan

I have Issues (Epics, User Stories) that are coming from my Scrum Board, I see them in the Issue Source, ..step 3 - Confirm what's in Scope, but I do not see them in my Roadmap/Plan

I have even created a filter that uses a JQL query to select the missing Issues, and added this to the Issue Sources as a Filter, but, still they do not appear.

As this is the second issue I have encountered where the Issues in my Roadmap do not match what is in JIRA, I'm loosing faith in ... Advanced Roadmaps .. or at least my ability to configure it correctly....

Any suggestions what I should look for.. would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks to the community for our support .. it is greatly appreciated....

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2021

Hi @Mike Lemmon ,

Do the issues use a custom workflow at all? If so, do you know if the custom workflow is correctly setting the “resolution” field when transitioning to a “Done” status. You can check this by looking next to the “Done” status in the issue view. If it has a tick and a word such as “Done” then the resolution is set, if it is blank, then it is not being set correctly.

Without the resolution, the plan does not know when they have been resolved and cannot show them in the plan. You’ll need to add a post function to each of your workflow transitions to a Done status to set the resolution field as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html

Don’t forget to add post functions to unset the resolution when transitioning back from a Done status too.

Can you check if this is the problem and let me know?

Regards,

Dave

Mike Lemmon January 4, 2021

Hey Dave:

I have attached a screen shot of the workflow that we are using, it is custom, implemented by our Agile Coach / Team that has setup our environment.

I have attached a screen shot of the Issue Screen, I do not see the check mark you mentioned beside the "Done", does this mean we are doing something .. wrong?

So... are you thinking that the User Stories are not appearing due to them having in a Done status, and then moved back to an Open status?

Dave, thanks for the great support that you and the team at Atlassian continue to provide .. it is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to the future releases of Advanced Roadmaps, it is exactly what we were .. missing.

Thanks again, have a great day .. week .. month .. 2021!!!

Mike Lemmon January 4, 2021

Done Resolution ML.jpgWorkflow ML.jpg

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2021

Thanks @Mike Lemmon - I should have checked earlier, but are you using Cloud or Server? I'm guessing that you're using Server as I don't think you'd see that check mark on Server - my apologies for the confusion.

The main reasons why an issue might appear in the issue source but not in the plan are usually:

• issue resolved for longer than the plan configuration allows (issues are excluded if they have been resolved for a configurable number of days - this prevents plans from growing out of control over time)
  • issue resolved without an resolution date (what I was suggesting above) - without a resolution date we can't work out how long the issue has been resolved for
  • issue assigned to a release, but the release not included as part of the issue source configuration (you can select which releases to include issues from during plan creation and issue source editing)

The other reason is that the issue just doesn't match the issue source, but you've said that you're seeing them so I'm assuming it can't be that.

I jumped to a conclusion earlier about the resolution problem, but you also didn't mention the status category the issues fell into (either to do, in progress or done) so I should have checked that first.

The other thing would be just to confirm that the issues are loaded but are hidden by some filter in the UI?

Regards,

Dave

Mike Lemmon January 5, 2021

Hey Dave:

First, let me say again .. Thanks!!  Your insights have helped me to resolve all of my problems with mapping of issues between JIRA and Advanced Roadmaps.

Just in case it helps others, what I ended up finding out that caused some issues to be missing in Advanced Roadmaps was:

Our Environment:  Server

Issues Sources:      Multiple Sources - 3 Projects that represented the hierarchy /

reporting levels defined.

1. We had Issues that had a Fix Version that no longer existed

2. Team was not set on all Issues

3. Date Range was excluding 

What I did to find these was to create another "Test" Plan, with a single Issue Source and no restrictions on the Views.

Dave, thanks again to you and all of the team at Atlassian, as I'm now in the position to work with my Product Owners to implement the use of Advanced Roadmaps.

Like Dave likes this

Dave, where an Issue is not showing in Advanced Roadmaps, due to it having a deleted Fix Version on it ... is that being considered as a Defect that Atlassian would address?

Thanks...

Dave
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2021

@Mike Lemmon No worries - very happy to help.

Yes, I think that would be considered a bug. In this case I'd recommend that you reach our to your support representative so we can take that through the appropriate channels to get confirmed and then resolved.

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

Hi @Mike Lemmon 

If you are sure that the issues are no excluded from the plan then do take a look at the releases those issues are part of. Are those releases included in the plan? I have video series on Advanced Roadmaps/Portfolio in case you want to learn how it works with some real life examples.

I hope it works for you.

Ravi

Hey Ravi .. wow, lots of content on your site .. Thanks..

Louis Giboin April 28, 2021

I create an epic in Roadmaps. Wen I click on it its not in the project that opens when I click on it . There however a few epics that have appeard in the Roadmap from the project .

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2021

Hi @Louis Giboin,

Advanced Roadmaps plans are a sandbox which means that you have to save the changes you make in a plan to Jira (including any new issues you create). Could you confirm for me that you've clicked on the "Review Changes" button and then clicked the "Save changes to Jira" button that appears in the modal dialog that is shown?

Regards,

Dave 

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2021

Hi! 

Happy new year! :) 

and please, provide a diff jql to understand problem deeper

Hi Gonchik .. thanks for your response, much appreciated .. I resolved the issue .. as per the responses below...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events