Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to view JIRA Portfolio schedules with a grid for Months/Quarters etc?

Sam Doha December 20, 2017

Love this plugin but need a calendar view of my plan that I can use to present a simplified timeline to senior Stakeholders. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks all

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Hi @Sam,

If you're talking about senior stakeholders, your usually talking about the Epic level, maybe even initiative level or program level (across multiple plans).

As far as I know, you cannot specify yet whether you want to look at the plan with a specific time representation in mind. But a few releases ago, a simple indication of the timeline has been added to the schedule. If you filter your schedule for a specific period, it will show you the month names at the top of the schedule (schedule itself not shown since I took the screenshot from a production example):

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.14.32.png

I applied the filtering as follows:

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.20.30.png

If you have multiple plans and create an overview of them in a program, the schedule will be shown as follows:

ProgramPage_Sample_Overview.png

Hope this helps.

Sam Doha January 3, 2018

Hi @Walter Buggenhout thanks for that - really helpful! 

Unfortunately we're on JIRA cloud where the program feature of JIRA portfolio is currently unavailable. If you have any more thoughts on a workaround I'd love to hear them - otherwise I will continue to look for a plugin that may be able to do what I need.

Many thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events