Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to show dependencies from outside of the plan in the Dependencies Report view?

Doug Snyder November 19, 2021

I have created a plan that contains a project work issue with a dependency on a work issue in a different project.  That other project is not included in the plan I have created.  The dependency was created via the "issue links" capability within the issue.

While I can click on the dependency badge in "Roadmap" view and see the dependency in the "not in this plan" section of the popup, when I switch to the "Dependencies report" view this dependency is not included in the visualization.  Is it possible to do this, or does the "Dependencies" report only show work issues that are part of the plan?  

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

@Doug Snyder -

Unfortunately, AR for Jira currently doesn't support "Linked Issue"concept.  Therefore, it will not work for what you tried to accomplished.  It is currently only support issues association via the issue hierarchy relationship setup.

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support for further assistance.  I believe there are feature requests on their roadmap already.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2021

Hi @Doug Snyder 

If you would be interested in a third party add-on, you can try out our app to view the full Jira Issue Type hierarchy of Linked issues, Portfolio/Advanced Roadmaps, Epics, and Subtasks up to 10 levels.

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features of Links Hierarchy:

• Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels
  • Ability to add/remove the columns on the report

Links Hierarchy - Initiative Hierarchy.png

0 votes
Thyago Chiprauski November 19, 2021

If you create a filter for your plan including the other project it works

0 votes
Doug Snyder November 19, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin Thank you so much for the prompt reply!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

@Doug Snyder -

If my suggestion helped, please click on "Accept answer" when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

danielle.cooper1
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2024

Did not work for me. The tasks got added, but not associated with their linked issues. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events