Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make a copy of of an Advanced Roadmap

Dwight Pfundstein October 19, 2020

We built an Advanced Road Map Plan we'd like to use as a "model" or template for other teams and their projects.

is there a way to make a copy of the Plan to create new one?

Clone a plan??

Thanks

Dwight

3 answers

2 votes
Clai Payments USA LLC March 2, 2021

Any news on whether one can clone a plan?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2021

Hi @Clai Payments USA LLC ,

Unfortunately this isn't something we have any plans to add in the near future. This isn't to say that it is not a valuable use case, it's simply that it doesn't have a high enough priority relative to other work on our backlog and there are a limited number of developers working on Advanced Roadmaps.

Regards,

Dave

Suzanne de Volder October 20, 2021

I would like to have this functionality as well!

Like # people like this
Elon Weiss January 6, 2023

I'd also like this for my team!

0 votes
Angus Russell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Hi @Dwight Pfundstein,

Are you doing this so that you can clone the view settings? Or the issue sources?

Thanks,

Angus

Jade Melcher December 16, 2020

I would love to clone issue sources!

Like # people like this
Dwight Pfundstein March 2, 2021

I want to do this so different team members can have their own copy they can change./edit/tweak/update 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@Dwight Pfundstein -

In AR for Jira, one can create scenario to conduct his/her changes to see changes impact before actually commit the changes back to Jira.  In this way, you can have one plans with as many of scenarios to determine the changes..

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-scenarios-868977946.html

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Kristin Robins March 12, 2021

Joseph,

The create plan in advanced roadmaps is a nice feature for quickly creating the issues in Jira. 

Similar to the others in this thread, I want to reuse the same plan for e.g. Project A, Project B, Project C, so that each project has a unique set of epics, tasks and subtasks. 

I think there's a way to create the plan in excel and import in order to create the epics, tasks, subtasks (which I would need to do for each project)? Otherwise I need to create the plan from scratch for each project, or possibly cloning. I have in total, about 200 (epics, tasks, subtasks). 

It would be great to be able to clone a plan and assign to a project in Advanced Roadmaps.

Dave
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2021

Hi @Kristin Robins ,

Unfortunately we don't have any intention of adding plan templates or cloning plans to Advanced Roadmaps in the near future. This isn't to say that it is not a valuable use case, it's simply that it doesn't have a high enough priority relative to other work on our backlog and there are a limited number of developers working on Advanced Roadmaps. I appreciate that this answer is likely to be disappointing, but I just wanted to be honest and set your expectations realistically.

Regards,

Dave

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2020

@Dwight Pfundstein - Hi Dwight:  Based on my knowledge, there is no functionality to support what you are asking.  In the past month, we have already asked for the ability to share custom view across many plans (although this is not exactly what you asked).  Here is the feature request case with Atlassian - JPOSERVER-2865 - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2865?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=4500369b-8d72-461b-b5d4-cca66b8c6c4a.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events