Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to bulk convert target dates to actual dates in a project?

Min Kim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2022

My team set "Target Start Dates" and "Target End Dates" for all of the issues in our project, not realizing that the advanced roadmap was set to target dates and not actual dates. Is there a way to bulk-change these dates to "Start Date" and "End Date", without using the admin CSV upload feature (which I do not have access to)?

5 answers

1 vote
AMIT GULATI March 1, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin and @Curt Holley have suggested two ways of addressing your problem. My take is that target start and end dates are the right fields for the roadmap. This plug-in is mainly to envision the future roadmap and therefore it shouldn't be based on the actual dates.

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2022

Hi @Min Kim

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, JXL for Jira might be the perfect tool for you. 

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view that allows quick inline-editing of all your issue fields, either individually, or in bulk via copy/paste. This, of course, includes the Target start, Target end, Start and End dates.

Here's how it looks in action:

bulk-copy-paste.gif

You can update any number of fields and any number of issues in a single copy/paste action.

(It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that - e.g., it comes with support for quick sorting and filtering, issue hierarchies, grouping issues by various criteria, export to Excel, etc. etc. More info at https://jxl.app. Disclaimer: I work on JXL :))

Hope this helps,

Hannes

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

@Min Kim -

Welcome to the community.  For updating issue's fields, if your issues (Start Date/End Date) can be grouped into same dates as defined in their Target start/Target end fields (e.g. issue 1 to 50 all have the same dates), then you can conduct the bulk change operations via search results.

However, if all of the issues all have unique Target statr/Target end field values, then you will need to seek for your Jira/system administrators support by using CSV file, so they can conduct the updates via External Systems Import process.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

Hi @Min Kim 

Welcome to the community.

You should be able to change which date fields are used in the Advanced Roadmaps Plan (each plan can be set differently).

Go to the settings (the 3 dots next to the name of the plan), go to "Configure" then "Scheduling". See below Including warning about the need to add any custom date fields to the plan to enable for usage.

ar1.png

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2022

Hi @Min Kim ,

I'm not aware of something out of the box that will bulk move value from one field to another without the use of an add-on or script. 

The options for bulk out of the box is to set a value  across multiple issues. Therefore, if the date is pretty much the same for the issues. You can run query for all those issues and bulk change the start date or end date to that date you want. This may require admin access depending on how your Jira permission is setup.

Thanks,

Ben 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events