Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add text, descriptions to Issues in Advanced Roadmaps?

Mike Lemmon December 2, 2020

Hi There:

We are building our Roadmap in Advanced Roadmaps, and would like to add some Text to the Epics, User Stories that we have created ... is there someway to add descriptive text, without pushing the Epics and User Stories to JIRA?

Thanks, have a great day.

Mike Lemmon

2 answers

0 votes
Ron Caylor August 13, 2021

Hi @Dave ,

This is an important feature for us in our planning process.  A summary cannot provide enough detail for reviewers and contributors to get a sufficient understanding of the scope that the issue is intended to cover.  A popup would fine.  We wouldn't need to see a fragment, but would want to know if a description is available so that we do not have to constantly check for details that are not there.

Thank you,

Ron

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Mike Lemmon,

I appreciate that this is quite an old thread, but it's actually something we've been looking at recently and I'd be interested in your feedback and opinion on this. So just to clarify, you were/are looking for a way to add a description in a plan without necessarily committing that change to Jira? i.e. you want to be able to create an issue in a plan with a description and not just a summary?

I'd also be interested to know if it's important to you to be able to see a fragment of the description as a field for each row in the plan or if you'd be happy just to get access to that description in a popup shown when clicking a button or link (...but still within the plan?). is it important to you to be able to know whether an issue has a description or not from the overall plan view?

Regards,

Dave

Mike Lemmon April 12, 2021

Hey Dave:

thanks for the response, it is in creation of an initial Roadmap, before we post to JIRA.  

The fragment is a great idea as well, but, not as important as being able to capture the description

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events