Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the JIRA portfolio "improved planning design" available in JIRA Cloud - or else, when will it be?

Jordi Camps August 21, 2019

I'm starting with JIRA portfolio and seeing a lot of references in the documentation to the "improved planning design", which seems much more convenient.

All my research seems to point that this is only available as a download for JIRA server and such - is that right? I'm surprised the last Portfolio version on JIRA Cloud seems to be over a year old and I can see no plans regarding that upgrade - when can we expect, as paying customers to both JIRA and Portfolio, to have the new experience available?

Thx,

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi Jodi,

There are some changes on the horizon coming soon but we do not have much of plan details yet for the the overall design but the current details that we do have avaliable so far were brought up in following Portfolio Article Post on community back in May that covers the future plans for the improved interface in cloud:

Noting:

Portfolio for Jira Cloud

Will the capabilities of Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 be available in Cloud?

Portfolio for Jira Cloud continues to be an important planning solution for Jira Software Cloud customers using the Classic project template. Portfolio for Jira Cloud won’t be going anywhere any time soon, although no major product enhancements are planned at this time.

At US Summit 2019, we announced a new planning solution for customers on Jira Software Cloud's next-gen templates (aka 'the new Jira'). These new planning features are all natively built into Jira Software Cloud and include: roadmaps with hierarchy, the ability to forecast timelines for epics, dependency mapping, and capacity management functionality. All of these new features will be bundled into our new Jira Software Premium offering.

We recommend Portfolio for Jira Cloud for customers on our Classic templates and Jira Premium for customers on next-gen templates.

Jira Premium is currently available for early access. Customers can sign up or learn more atatlassian.com/premium.

Regards,
Earl

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hello again,

Also there are some more details on this for Portfolio for Jira Cloud in the comment from Jake Brereton on this article where he answered another community member that had the same question as you. 

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events