Is it possible to save and duplicate advanced roadmap plan without accepting changes into Jira?

Jana_Kyselova April 26, 2023

I would like to create an advanced roadmap plan without accepting changes into Jira, ie. not creating issues. Such plan I would like to use as a project template, and duplicate it, update according new schedules and steps required by new customer, and then accept into Jira, and create issues. 

I was able to save such plan, but not duplicate it. Is this desired behaviour? How to create a plan template without real issues in Jira, and re-use it for each new project? 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna Poppe April 26, 2023

In your Roadmap Configuration settings, try enabling Scenarios. The you can create your project plan under the first scenario. After this, creating a new scenario should duplicate your project plan. And your edits live in the respective scenario

Hi Anna, 

thank you sooo much. It works! 

Best regards

Jana

Like Anna Poppe likes this
0 votes
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Jana_Kyselova ,

There seems to be a recent feature release on this from Atlassian. Please checkout the below article.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Don-t-recreate-your-plan-duplicate-it/ba-p/2315074

Thanks,

Aditya

Hi @Aditya Verma , I tried this feature, but it duplicates the plan including current issues - ie. no possibility to use that plan as a template and create copy of issues in the plan as well. Therefore I thought I can create the plan without accepting changes into Jira - ie. no Jira tickets created - and it duplicates as blank, without any issue, nor prepared change. So this feature does not help me at all :-( 

Thanks

Jana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events