Is it possible to filter for labels with an 'AND' clause and not 'OR'?

Juliya Kaplun-Eschenbach March 30, 2022

Hi Community,

we have a customer who is looking for an opportunity to filter for an 'AND' clause and not 'OR' when filtering for issues within Advanced Roadmaps.

Did anyone face the same issue and has some hints?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Juliya Kaplun-Eschenbach 

You just go to filters and multi select the labels you want to filter on, that works as an "AND" clause.

labels.png

TBH I unsure how I would go about doing an "OR" clause in AR....🤔

Gertjan van der Werken April 4, 2022

that actually works as a logical OR

You can see this when switching your query to JQL as well.
In your example it will show "labels in (AssetManagement, Capability) which is the same as "AND (labels = AssetManagement OR labels = Capability)

a logical AND would be:
"AND (labels = AssetManagement AND labels = Capability)" which will show items both labels.

Like • Curt Holley likes this
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

True! @Gertjan van der Werken 

In which case @Juliya Kaplun-Eschenbach the only way (I can think of) to achieve the AND style (i.e. only show me issues with both of these labels) would be to build the filter and create a plan from it....so a different plan (which might not be ideal)...but I don't think it can be done directly in a plan, 

Another way would be to do a bulk edit on the issues with both labels and give them a new singular label to represent both, that way it could be done with a single label filter. If this was required ongoingly, you could even look to automate adding that label when the other two were present.

Like • Juliya Kaplun-Eschenbach likes this
1 vote
Juliya Kaplun-Eschenbach April 5, 2022

Thank you both, we would most likely go with the suggested solution of creating respective filter when creating a plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events