Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a roadmap view that is built relatively based on issue estimates?

Justin Raczak July 28, 2022

The issues in my filter use the Estimates field in days for the project's estimated time to complete. Is it possible to get the Gantt view to take a start date for an issue and dynamically plot the issue's duration based on the estimated days?

1 answer

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

Hi @Justin Raczak 

From what I know we can only do it using Sprint Dates or Start and End date, not time estimate.

But you should be able to do an automation rule that add the number of estimate business days to the start date.

Something like

{{issue.Start date.plusBusinessDays(issue.timetracking.originalEstimateSeconds.divide(28800))}}
Justin Raczak August 1, 2022

Alas I am just a cog around here so far as Jira goes and don't have rights to do much beyond manage issues. Definitely disappointing, seems like a really obvious piece of functionality. Most teams can dial in time estimates on projects. Anyone who is estimating start dates and end dates for projects beyond what they're currently working on is mostly making things up which will require manual tweaks to ever issue when you need to make changes. Makes this feature maybe fine for project managers but useless for actual software teams.

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Actually you just need to be project admin to configured an automation rule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events